Thursday, June 8, 2017

Fine Chocolates


It seems like it's getting harder and harder to find a really good fine chocolate store in the Phoenix area.  Earlier this year the Godiva stores closed their doors for good.


Thanks to the recommendation of a neighbor, I found a great place in north Scottsdale.  It's called Zak's Chocolates and his chocolates are made right there on the premises.


I pointed my camera through the window into the chocolate kitchen to take a peek.  Can you imagine working in there?  I'd have a hard time not eating one (or three) while I was back there.  Zak's chocolates have a really deep and smooth chocolate flavor.  I'm glad I found this place.

16 comments:

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I see Chocolate cover turtles in there or is it a chocolate turtle either way they look nice

Christine said...

I'm seriously thinking of relocating right now!

Karl said...

One for me, please !

Judy Ryer said...

Makes my mouth water, even though I can't eat chocolate. I can eat white chocolate though, so get some of those.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh no Sharon.. now I really want choccy and it's too late to go out and get some 😀😀 I'm glad you found a delicious alternative.

Steve Reed said...

It's probably better to shop at Zak's, which sounds like a local enterprise, than at Godiva anyway! The chocolates look fab!

Lowell said...

I'm pretty sure it's illegal for Godiva to shut down their stores. Call your lawyer immediately. Godiva is sold in some of our department stores. I don't know if they have a separate store here, but I remember one in Paris.

Blogoratti said...

I find that my urge for chocolate diminishes day by day. Same goes for cake. Warm greetings!

Bill said...

Yes, chocolate is good, and to be enjoyed. You can't go wrong with chocolate. Now I want some :)

William Kendall said...

I'd be inclined to drop in frequently!

Amy said...

eep! I don't know which one I'd try first but I'd definitely try all of them.

Lois said...

Oh wow! I'm jealous. We have no good chocolate shops where I am anymore. Those do look delicious!

Kate said...

Really, really good chocolates are not easy to find. . . anywhere! One would really need lots of self-control working in a factory dedicated to chocolates.

Silver in AZ said...

no See's? dang! Well, you can order See's and have it shipped to you. :)

Catalyst said...

Looks good, Sharon.

Thérèse said...

I can only imagine the smell in the kitchen...